A Steno Pad for My ThoughtsBlah, Blah, Blah. Connect the dots. This blog is now an archive only. No new entries will be posted, please visit our new blog here.
We decided we wanted to bake something for our mother’s this Mother’s day. And then I decided I wanted to make cupcake picks for the Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes we decided to make. (This is about the recipe from when I made it for Halloween.) I found this super cute bird plate locally from @Home for a pretty small price so it was set. It’s a white plate with a small bird in the center which allows for four cupcakes to circle it quite nicely.
I picked up most of the cupcake pick supplies from @Home, the small flower bouquet, yellow ribbon and snails. But you can find similar flower bouquets at D. Blumchen or Tinsel Trading or some super cute Forget-me-nots in Caramelos Artful Supplies Etsy shop. (I also included a snail cupcake pick and I think this might be the same snail, too.)
The cupcake pick bouquets are super simple and super sweet. This is what you need:
Supplies: small bouquet of flowers, length of twine, small stick or toothpick, yellow ribbon, square of unbleached wax paper
1. Take the wax paper square and fold in half. The wax paper is about 2.5″ square.
2. Take the small stick and insert 1″ into the middle of the paper. Glue in place. (I used small mini dowels like these that I picked up from Michael’s.) I used a low temperature hot glue gun for all the gluing in this project.
3. Cut a small clump of flowers from the bouquet and glue on top of the stick.
4. Fold over the top point of the square so when you flip it up over the top of the flowers, you can see the tops of the flowers.
5. Wrap the rightside of the wax paper over the top of the flowers.
6. Wrap the leftside of the wax paper over the top of the flowers. Put a small bit of glue to hold down.
7. Using the jute twine, tie the flower bundle at the bottom.
8. Make a small bow with a narrow ribbon and glue on top of the twine knot. That’s it!1fa0