Fabric Covered Floss Bobbins
Believe it or not, I’m in full on holiday making mode. I can only make the gifts if I start early so I’m committed to doing it this year. Here’s an idea for a great embroiery or cross stitch starter kit. I found an image of these great fabric covered bobbins here. (When I was looking for a fabric covered tissue box last week.)
And I made a few and will do a few more cause they’d be so sweet in a little bag as a gift with my ABC Saw See Sew needle case, some linen and drawings to transfer and embroider.
1. Cut out the shape you want in paper and use as a template. Trace paper template onto to a thin board. I raided my friend’s recycling bin for some cereal boxes and such.
2. After transferring design onto paperboard, cut out outside traced line and staple center to another piece of paperboard. Cut out along your traced line. This will ensure both of your front and back sides are exactly the same and fit together perfectly.
3. Take your paperboard shape and cut out a piece of scrap fabric to fit.
4. Using a fabric glue, glue to the front of shape. Trim excess from backside.
5. Repeat with second shape.
6. Glue two shapes together.
7. Repeat with different fabrics and you’re done!